I started out to make something like Isolde's pink robe in Tristan and Isolde.
Between looking at reference pictures and finishing the robe, it ended up only vaguely looking like Isolde's robe.
Supplies: 3 packages turquoise extra wide doube fold bias tape and 2 3/4 yards lt. weight suiting
Construction: I used rectangle and triangle construction with my Elizabethan T-tunic pattern as the body base. I used the body width to just beneath the breast, then flared it out at an angle. There's no shoulder seam. A thin rectangle strip of fabric runs down the sides from underarm to hem to keep the bias from stretching. The sleeve width was from the T-tunic pattern as well, but the gussets and length were to my personal taste.
If I had more fabric, I'd add gores on the sides for more fullness at the hem, but I like it as it is. I had very little fabric left.
Disclaimer: Pictures are the property of the copyright holder. This site is non-profit, and is in no way affiliated with any of the copyright holders. No copyright infringement is intended - copyrighted images are being used for costume study.