Aqua's t-shirt dress
My daughter felt a burning need to own this dress right as January rolled around.
For the top base pattern we used Simplicity 4633 (top pattern), with New Look 6571 to get the dress length. I cut out a muslin (from leftover Dormé fabric) and wonder of wonders, miracle of miracles, it only needed the simple tweak of changing the seam allowance through the bust section of the top. The rest was good and I lengthened the sleeves many, many inches so they can be used as ties. She'll be able to wear it with her arms through the sleeves (sleeves scrunched up a lot) or the three ways shown in the movie. It was actually easier to figure out than I'd initially thought.
She likes it and would like another that's a 'cheat dress' -- a sheath with a ruched top panel across the bodice and a separate piece to tie at the neck (which is what I suggested and got shot down on to begin with). But she learned through the process, which is good.
Disclaimer: Pictures are the property of the copyright holder. This site is non-profit, and is in no way affiliated with any of the copyright holders. No copyright infringement is intended - copyrighted images are being used for costume study.