Based on Jean Hunnisett’s pattern in Period Costumes for Stage and Screen
About mid-December, I started scaling up the pattern and cutting out the pieces for a muslin. I decided to use hemp cord for the areas of cording. I did not do a lot of cording on it, just a channel on either side of the busk pocket and four lines under the bust gussets.
It took several tries to get the hip gussets placed right and I moved seams all over the place.
In January of 2008, I was finally happy with the pieces and began the corset with my fabric. It was completed January 22. I chose quilter's cotton from Joann Fabrics for the outer layer and plain white muslin for the inner, for a total of four layers. For the boning I used cable ties I bought at Menards. Currently, my busk is a paint stirrer. It will be replaced later with a proper busk.
Disclaimer: Pictures are the property of the copyright holder. This site is non-profit, and is in no way affiliated with any of the copyright holders. No copyright infringement is intended - copyrighted images are being used for costume study.